Five Dope Ways To Get Relief From Migraines
Migraines are a terrible plague for many people of all ages. It is estimated that 12% of the world population suffers from migraines. Luckily I didn’t begin getting headaches until adulthood, but usually when I did, as a mother of so many, I still had to be functional. Below you will find my best suggestions for coping with migraines.
1) Essential Oils - One of the best things I ever did was make up my Headache Help Roller bottle. It contains peppermint, lavender, and rosemary. Top up the bottle with some water and shake well before applying. When I begin to feel that ‘feeling’ or my vision begins to go, I immediately apply my roller ball to the base of my skull and dab right between my nostrils. These specific oils all contain compounds that help with migraines.
2) Massage - This became a necessity for me when a migraine lasted too long. Book the longest appointment you can. I highly recommend at least a deep focus on neck and shoulders and if you have the time, include a full body as well. ALWAYS make sure they do your feet!
3) Mechanical Reasons - After living with chronic pain for a ridiculous length of time my husband finally coaxed me into going to the chiropractor. I was scared, I had a bad experience, I was secretly scared a giant tumor had enveloped my brain…. There were a million reasons I had convinced myself not to go seek treatment. Guess how quickly I experience relief after going to the chiropractor. IMMEDIATELY. I can not stress it enough, seek treatment from a chiropractor who specializes in sports and physical therapy. You know why? They are literally geeking out on fixing your body, they love it and they WANT to help you.
4) Diet - OH MAN. You knew this was coming didn’t you? Foods which trigger migraines include:
Wine, Chocolate, AND EVERYTHING GOOD RIGHT?
Wrong. If it causes a migraine that IS NOT GOOD. So eliminate it. Feed your body food that fuels you and makes you feel terrific. You deserve it! You only get one body so take good care of it. Here are some tips:
Eat fresh foods as often as possible.
Shop the fresh vegetables & meats avoid the processed boxed convenient foods.
Eat every 2-3 hours to avoid a blood sugar roller coaster.
Avoid the following:
Heavy breads, yeasts and pizzas.
Breaded and processed meats.
Wine & Beer
5) CBD Oil - Historically Cannabis has been used to treat pain and migraines. This method of treatment was eliminated in the 1930’s but luckily, is being resurrected due to recent changes in legislation across the world. Taking CBD regularly helps balance the Endocannabinoid System which is a huge component in maintaining homeostasis in the human body. As with any new supplement, the effects of CBD may take several weeks to feel. For immediate relief, explore the whole Cannabis plant option.