Five Dopest Ways To Overcome Anxiety
There are few people in today’s busy world, untouched by Anxiety. Some of us are high functioning and hide it well, others are chronically affected, often missing out on life due to the crippling effect it can have. There are many factors that can amplify anxiety, which is why learning what can cause it can help us avoid it.
- SLEEP - Getting a solid 8 hours every night is the best and simplest habit you can possibly integrate into your life. Studies show that 7-8 hours is the minimum each of us should strive for each night. In addition to that, examine your sleeping situation. Are you sleeping well with that particular pillow? Is your mattress worn out and in need of replacing? Achieving a deep, healing sleep is optimal and we spend ONE THIRD of our lives doing it. Make it a priority to optimize your sleep experience.
- CBD - Research has revealed encouraging findings which point to cannabis use as a possibility for alleviating anxiety, particularly through the use of CBD. For example, a double-blind randomized design study of 24 people with social anxiety disorder found that one 600 mg dose of CBD reduced performance anxiety and cognitive impairment in a speech performance. A promising 2015 literature review showed that there is evidence that CBD is not only useful in social anxiety disorder, but in generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder
- Practice Acceptance - It is important to remember that we are truly only able to control ourselves. Ponder the issue which is causing you stress… is it really all that bad? At the end of the day, if everyone is still breathing then remind yourself that things could be worse. Take a moment to evaluate the stress using the following questions: -Is this an issue that directly affects me? Is anyone in immediate danger? If the answer is no, then use the next techniue to help yourself de-escalate from the feeling you are experiencing.
- Get Away w Breathing - It can be really beneficial to have a get away spot in your home where you may have a quiet retreat in times of high anxiety. Keep this area tidy and place only items you love in this space. This is the perfect place to have a diffuser with your favourite essential oils, or a speaker so you can play relaxing music or meditative sounds. Consider including a yoga mat or comfortable place to do some deep relaxing breathing exercises.
- Diet - A healthy diet is just as essential as a good nights sleep for optimal health. Beverages high in caffeine can contribute to anxiety, avoid coffee, tea, chocolate. A poor eating schedule can also cause drastic changes in blood sugar leading to mood swings and often anxiety. Schedule your meals and ensure you get a balance of fats proteins and carbohydrates to keep an even blood sugar supply in your body.